We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to expand our team at WSP Group's Corporate Head office annex. The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for developing, leading and implementing the HSE annual plan, supported by solid strategic plan, best practices and processes that will shape the company’s HSE culture. This position will have direct responsibility for all HSE initiatives related to the continued development of our H&S practices, compliance to corporate initiatives as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities also include the management of our corporate Environmental Management System. The major responsibility of this position is to provide a safe working environment for employees, as well as maintaining programs in line with customer and regulatory compliance. This is accomplished by managing and improving the HSE program. The HSE program must comply with all relative legislation, regulations, codes, policies and procedures, as well as additional customer requirements. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, managers, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. WSP develops creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Industry, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Water, Power & Energy sectors with delivery and strategic consulting services. At WSP, we continuously innovate and make extraordinary efforts to always attract, employ, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. WSP offers competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, experience and the opportunity to be part of an “up and coming” player in the lucrative international construction / engineering market. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you're Interested to work with us, kindly forward your recent CV and cover letter through WSP's career email or job apply button displayed below.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
• Organize, implement, direct and maintain the HSE program including safety policies, programs, practices, training, and all other components of a successful HSE Program for the entire Business Unit.
• Keeping current with all government safety and health laws, standards, regulations and industrial hygiene
• Responsible for regulatory and corporate reporting responsibilities as they relate to Health, Safety and Environmental
• Maintaining and updating H&S manual
• Responsible for Development of the Annual HSE plan to align with corporate and local HSE goals and strategies
• Managing the Behavioral Safety, Observation and Dialog program
• Responsible for creating a standard cadence mechanism of conducting HSE audits
• Conducts incident investigations, using root cause analysis and correction action
• Reviews plant incident metrics and develop continuous improvement programs
• Maintains facility's compliance records, reports and permits
• Develop and lead employee training programs regarding HSE behaviors and compliance
• Performs risk assessments to evaluate hazardous conditions and practices to develop control solutions
• Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
• Maintain and promote a positive attitude towards Co-workers and Customers.
• Reinforce safety awareness in a manner that promotes cooperation and improved morale.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the service line and corporate HSE groups for continued improvement and progress of the company's HSE programs and policies.
Major skills + Requirements:
• HND or Bachelor’s degree in HSE, Engineering or Business required
• Minimal 5 years relevant experience in service on related discipline an asset
• Applicants with +7yrs work experience on this field without formal qualification can be considered
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage all levels in the organization
• Ability to develop and communicate strategic plans
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead change through continuous improvement programs
• Developing meaningful metrics and KPIs to provide understanding and direction
• Leading team based continuous improvement projects, developing accountability and sustainability
• Field service and construction experience helpful
• Must have experience in root cause analysis incident investigation
• Must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members and employees.
• Must be able to effectively manage people, time, and resources.
• Requires good oral communication skills to communicate effectively with employees and management
• Good conflict resolution skills. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs with computer skills
• Requires concentration, alertness, and attention to detail.
• Requires the ability to work with others under minimal supervision
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be able to work with others and be a team player
• Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations.
• A Graduate level salary and compensation offer