IndustryFood / Beverage Pr...
Sandvik is looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager who will develop, grow and lead the West African business during the coming years, which are expected to deliver highly profitable growth. The position is based at Accra, Ghana. You will become an integral part of the sales and marketing team, and report directly to the Market Manager for Africa.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for sales and marketing in Process Systems Product Area Industrial Processing (IP) & Belts
- Leading the IP & Belts sales and service organization
- Sales to major customers and maintain important and sustainable relationship with key stakeholders like Service Organization, Sales agents network, PU and SU worldwide
- Identify and develop new business in the area of responsibility
- Investigate customers who have stopped buying
- Develop existing customers to their full potential for all valid products
- Actively promote new products
- Secure professional processing of inquiries, orders and complaints.
- Follow up offers, negotiate and get orders in accordance with the Value based selling concept.
- Customers quotation up to 200 KEUR
- Maintain and develop the relationship with customers through regular contacts and visits and other specific promotional activities.
- Know the needs of our customers, maximize their satisfaction, anticipate their requirements, and be a driving force of the innovation process of our customers.
- Keep all information of customers and suppliers updated in corresponding systems following internal guidelines (SMS – M3)
- Follow up on credit limits and overdue
Develop Strategy to Grow Brand in West Africa
- Collect and report market intelligence concerning e.g. price levels, competitor activities, market trends, etc.
- Prepare customer events
- Participate in selected exhibitions and fairs based on directives from the Market manager
- 60-70% travel time envisaged with this job after the initial market research during 6months- 1year
Be a Team Builder and contributor to Sandvik SPS Brand
- It is furthermore expected that the Sales Representative will promote the company at every opportunity, enhancing its profile in the market place
- Work as an effective team member within the company as a whole, especially within the sales area team, thereby optimizing communication and eliminating scope for error and misunderstanding.
- At all times take a pro-active approach to selling, actively chasing business and pursuing inquiries and leads on behalf of the company.
- Constantly improve own technical knowledge.
- Be willing to adopt new ways of working and to pursue learning and development programs upon request.
Deputizing colleagues (inside ó inside as well as field óinside)
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree - Bsc or Masters degree (Sales and Marketing related field)
- Knowledge in business economies of major West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Cote dÍvoire…
- Written and spoken English and French
- A keen interest for people - Taste for, and skills in interpersonal contact (contact with the new prospects, regular exchanges with the Sandvik Partners and the marketing team, with the press…)
- Self-motivated and independent
- Excellent sense of client service - target, process and action oriented, with a good understanding of customer priorities
- Proactivity, autonomy and sense of initiative
- Sense of confidentiality
- A desire to succeed with a sales mission
- A “hunting spirit” i.e. a desire to trace new business despite problems and resistance
- Substantial knowledge of the PC and related computer programs: SMS, M3, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience from roles within sales and marketing
- Rigor, sense of detail
- Excellent analytic capabilities and ability to summarize
- Good writing and well-developed communication, interpersonal capabilities
- Social sensitivity
- Sense of organization
- Knowledge of a major local language in West Africa will be an advantage
- Experience from areas such as Key Account -
Management or Sales Management within Sandvik, will be an advantage
- Experiences from an international company is a plus
- Project sale experience is a distinct advantage
- A team player with an open mind who manages business in accordance with Fair Play