WSP has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Accountant to work in WSP Group's Corporate Head office annex. The Senior Accountant Should be able to independently perform a Variety Of Accounting assignments, demonstrating competence in all Operational phases Of Accounting and Planning, and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting techniques, procedure, assist the Finance Director in providing sound quality financial advice as well as perform ad-hoc projects, provide front line oversight of Finance shared services partner for the processing of financial transactions and reporting, and ensure the integrity of financial information and compliance with relevant internal and external reporting requirements. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, managers, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. WSP develops creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Industry, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Water, Power & Energy sectors with delivery and strategic consulting services. At WSP, we continuously innovate and make extraordinary efforts to always attract, employ, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. WSP offers competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, experience and the opportunity to be part of an “up and coming” player in the lucrative international construction / engineering market. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you're Interested to work with us, kindly forward your recent CV and cover letter through WSP's career email or job apply button displayed below.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records, files and schedules
• Act as the point of contact for issue resolution and communication between relevant WSP internal stakeholders, Vendors and WSP Finance Partners
• Preparing trial balances
• Provide periodic payroll activities including relevant data to WSP for processing
• Month-end close activities
• Review and monitor the fixed asset register
• Evaluating and improving system processes
• Propose and facilitate necessary journal entries, especially for month-end closing
• Maintaining and verifying general ledger activity
• Maintain the integrity and accuracy of financial information and cash management & Banking systems
• Reconciling account balances
• Develop and implement the month-end closing process; create and execute monthly consolidation
• Performing reconciliations of the general ledger and bank accounts
• Analyzing financial and operational reports
• Review and explain general ledger variances and perform analyses
• Special projects as needed
• Preparation of financial statements
• Develop and recommend revisions to the accounting system and accounting procedures in conformance with international financial reporting standards
Major skills + Requirements:
• HND/Bachelor degree in accounting/finance or similar qualification, working towards or completed Accounting Professional qualification required.
• Applicants with +7yrs work experience on this field without formal qualification can be considered
• Organizational and time management skills as well as ability to utilize initiative; be reliable and flexible.
• Accuracy and effectiveness in all tasks
• Problem solving skills and the ability to handle pressure.
• Self-motivated, excellent analytical skills
• 1-2+ years’ financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting experience
• Advanced ability in Excel
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & International
•3+ years’ experience in full-charge bookkeeping and full-cycle accounting, including A/P and expense management.
• The ability to interact with staff and customers from all levels within organization and background
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
• Logical and analytical thought processes
• A Graduate level salary and compensation offer